BLU Studio Mega 2018 is a budget smartphone running the Go Edition of the Android Operating system. It also has a 6.0-inch display, a Mediatek MT6580 SoC with 1GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable storage, 2,600mAh battery, dual-camera setup with LED flash and q single front-facing camera. Let’s find out more.
BLU Studio Mega 2018 Key Specs
- 6.0-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1440 pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition), 1GB Of RAM
- Mediatek MT6580, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- 16GB built-in storage
- 13MP + 2MP camera and 8MP selfie camera.
- 2,600mAh non-removable battery
BLU Studio Mega 2018 Design And Display
BLU calls the design of this device flawless as it comes with a combination of metallic plating and mirror finish. This gives off a halo effect in the three colours it comes in which are Blue, Black and Silver. Still at the back of the device, we a dual camera setup with an LED flash and a finger sensor for biometric unlock.
Turning the device over to the front reveals the 6.0-inch IPS LCD display. This display has an HD+ resolution with a 268ppi and uses the 18:9 aspect ratio which leaves more than enough room at the top bezel for the front-facing camera. As usual, there is a small chin down at the bottom.
BLU Studio Mega weighs just 145grams, thanks to the small battery capacity it is carrying. It also measures 10.3mm in thickness and comes with a dual-SIM card slot as well as a MicroSD card slot for additional storage.
BLU Studio Mega 2018 Camera Review
Starting off at the front-facing camera, we have an 8MP shooter which comes equipped with an LED flash for selfies in low light. The rear-facing 13MP camera with autofocus also has an LED flash. A secondary 2MP depth sensor camera also sits next to the main camera at the back for depth sensing. The rear camera is capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30fps with features such as Panorama.
Hardware and Software
BLU Studio Mega uses a Mediatek MT6580 SoC which is a Quad-core chipset clocked at 1.3GHz paired with a Mali-400MP2 GPU. This is connected to the 1GB of RAM onboard for multitasking through apps.
Files can be stored on the 16GB of internal storage. However, it can be expanded to 64GB via a MicroSD card. It runs the Go Edition of the Android operating system – Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition to be exact.
Battery and Connectivity
The 2,600mAh here is kind of a letdown and there is no fast charging support although at this price range it is understandable. There is also no 4G LTE here so you’ll have to make do with 3G.
Other features of the BLU Studio Mega includes WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio and a microUSB port for the usuals.
BLU Studio Mega Price and Availability
BLU Studio Mega costs about $99 and is already available on various online shopping stores
BLU Studio Mega 2018 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 144.3 x 75.2 x 10.3mm
- Material: Metal
- Weight: 155grams
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.0-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1440 pixels, 268ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6580, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 64GB
- Rear Camera: Dual 13MP + 2MP – LED flash
- Front camera: 8MP – LED flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: No
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, MicroUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 2,600mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $99