This post detailed the simple guide on how to access Facebook Desktop Site from your Phone. Smartphones are often regarded as pocket PCs as you can use them to browse the internet similar to PCs. However, these two devices have different capabilities when it comes to processing power hence then need to show contents differently on each platform.
PC being the powerful one is made to access a website in full mode, also known as Desktop mode where all features are completely available. Smartphones, on the other hand, have the mobile version which has been made fit as much content as they can on the small screen, often removing some features on certain websites.
Facebook, for example, has some features of the website locked to the desktop mode which a mobile user can’t access unless they log in through a computer or laptop, therefore accessing the desktop mode by default. Now, not everyone has access to a computer or PC and if you’re in that position and still want to access the Facebook Desktop Site then don’t worry, there are ways to achieve it on your smartphone. However, you should note that accessing the facebook desktop site on your mobile device might not give you the best experience as it was not designed to be viewed on a mobile device. With that being said, let’s get right down to it.
How To Access Facebook Desktop Site from your Phone
Chances are, you’re using either an Android device or an iOS device. If you’re on any other platform apart from these two I mentioned, like blackberry OS or Windows Mobile OS then you can simply go with the Android Method as that works for most, if not all platforms capable of Installing the Google Chrome browser.
How To Access Facebook Desktop Site Using Google Chrome Browser
- Download the Google Chrome Browser from your respective stores (Google Play store for Android and Apple App Store for iOS) or if you already have the app installed, you can move on to the next step.
- Launch the Chrome Browser and Visit the Facebook Website. Once you get to the website, Click on the three dots at the top right side of the app and select “Request for Desktop site” from the drop-down menu.
- Wait for it to load and once it’s done, you’ll be on the Facebook Desktop Site. If you aren’t that logged in already then you can simply do that and browse the Facebook desktop site on your smartphone.
That’s that most simple universal way to accessories Facebook desktop site on a Smartphone. You can also revert back to the Mobile version at any time by following the above steps and Umark the “Request for Desktop Site”. If you own an iPhone or iPad and don’t want to download the Google Chrome browser for this then you would be happy to know that the Safari Browser is also capable of doing the job.
All you have to do is follow the steps below.
- Launch the Safari Browser and Visit the Facebook Website.
- Once you get to the website, Click on the Share Icon(Box with an up facing arrow) at the bottom of the screen.
- This will pop up a list of submenus in which you’ll see the request desktop site with the computer screen/ Monitor Logo.
- Click on that, Lets it load and boom! You’re on the Facebook desktop website. You can now go ahead and browse Facebook in desktop mode.
You can always revert back to Mobile version by following the same steps. If you’re still unable to an access Facebook desktop site on your smartphone then feel free to drop a comment down below stating your phone and which browser you tried for further assistance.