Over the years, YouTube has grown beyond just a video streaming and sharing platform. According to statistics, YouTube is now considered to be the second biggest search engine with over 3 billion searches monthly. It is now bigger than regular search engines like Bing, Yahoo!, Ask and AOL.
Today, we’ll be showing you how to activate YouTube on Smart TV, Xbox One, Apple tv, Samsung tv, Kodi, Roku and PlayStation.
YouTube as a platform features virtually anything you want, whether action, comedy, news, entertainment, sports, gaming e.t.c.
How to activate YouTube on Smart TVs
Make sure you’re using a Smart TV that supports the YouTube App. Most Smart TV manufactured from 2014 up to this moment comes with the YouTube App built-in. Below is how you can activate YouTube on your Smart TV;
- Open the YouTube app you have on your Smart TV
- On the left-hand side is a Gear icon, click on it.
- Press Sign in, which you display an eight-digit code. Do not close the screen.
- Using your phone, laptop or any device, go to YouTube.com/activate.
- Sign in to your account.
- Now enter the eight-digit code displayed on your Smart TV.
- Proceed and allow the necessary access.
- The YouTube app on your Smart TV should be activated by now. You can now browse and watch videos.
How to activate YouTube on Roku
Connecting YouTube to Roku is pretty simple. If you have a Roku device, you can watch YouTube on it. Follow the below steps to activate YouTube on any Roku devices;
- First, you need to connect your Roku device to your TV.
- Then sign-in to your Roku account. Make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
- Press the home button on your remote control. If you’re at the home screen already, then skip this step.
- Select the “Channel Store” option and press “OK” on the remote control.
- On the store, go to the “Top Free” option. Scroll and select “YouTube”, press “OK” on the remote control.
- There is an “Add Channel” option, select it and press “OK”.
- It will take a few seconds for it to be added to your channels. So exercise patience.
- To confirm, press the “Home button” on the remote control and go to “My Channels”. YouTube should be listed on your channel’s list.
- Now select and open the YouTube app.
- On the left-hand side of the app is a “Gear” icon, select it.
- Select “Sign-in” and enter your YouTube/Google account information.
- An eight-digit code will be given to you by Roku. Keep the screen open or write down this code.
- Go to YouTube.com/activate from your phone or laptop.
- Sign-in with Google account information.
- Enter the 8-digit code given to you by Roku.
- Click on “Proceed” and “Allow access” if need be. Your YouTube is finally activated on the Roku device.
How to activate YouTube on PlayStation 4
Every PlayStation 4 console comes with an in-built YouTube. Here, we’ll be showing you how to active YouTube on PlayStation 4. Follow the steps below to get it done;
- On your PlayStation 4, locate and open the YouTube App. If the app isn’t there, then download it from the PlayStation store.
- Go to “Sign-in & settings”
- Select Sign in and press “X” on your PlayStation controller.
- You’ll be given a code featuring numbers. Write down this code or do not close the screen.
- Now quickly go to YouTube.com/activate on your phone or laptop as the case may be.
- Enter your Google account information to Sign-in.
- Enter the code you wrote down or seen on your screen. Click on proceed.
- If there is an “Allow access” option, click on it too. Once completed, you have successfully activated YouTube on your PlayStation 4.
How to activate YouTube on Xbox One
Activating YouTube on your Xbox One is similar to what we just talked about on the PlayStation 4. It is very simple to activate YouTube on Xbox One, just follow these steps;
- Open the YouTube app on your Xbox One
- Go to the “Sign-in & Settings”.
- Choose “Sign-in” and press “X” on your controller.
- You’ll be given a code. Do not close the screen, and if you must do, then write down the code.
- On your phone or laptop, go to YouTube.com/activate and Sign-in
- Then enter the code you were given and proceed.
How to activate YouTube on Apple TV
Below is how you can activate YouTube on your Apple TV.
- Open the YouTube app on the Apple TV
- Go to the “Sign-in & Settings” option.
- Select “Sign-in” and you’ll be given a code. Leave the code on the TV screen or write it down somewhere.
- Now on your phone, go to YouTube.com/activate and sign-in with your Google information.
- Then enter the code you have on your TV screen and proceed. This should activate the YouTube app on your Apple TV.
How to activate YouTube on Samsung TV
The steps are the same as the one for Apple TV. Below is how you can activate the YouTube App on your Samsung TV;
- On your Samsung TV, open the YouTube App.
- Then select “Sign-in & Settings”. Select “Sign-in” which will reveal a numeric code. Do not close the screen.
- On your phone, quickly go to YouTube.com/activate and sign-in with your Google account information.
- Now, enter the code you see on your Samsung TV. This should activate the YouTube App easily.
- How to activate YouTube on Kodi
Below is how you can activate the YouTube app on Kodi device
- On your Kodi device, go to “Settings”.
- Select “Add-ons”.
- From the “Repository/Get Add-ons”, select “Install”.
- Select “Kodi Add-on Repository”
- Then select “Video Add-ons”
- Now locate and select “YouTube”, then proceed to “Install”.
- Once the installation process is complete, go to “Videos” then select “Adds-ons”.
- You should be able to see YouTube on the list. Open it.
- Then select “Sign-in”, which will prompt a display of a numeric code. Do not close the screen at this point.
- With your phone, go to YouTube.com/activate. Sign-in and enter your Google account information.
- Now enter the numeric code displayed on your TV screen and proceed. This will activate the YouTube App on your Kodi device.
This is everything on how to activate YouTube on Smart Tv, Roku, Playstation 4, Samsung TV, Kodi and Apple TV.