Have you been looking for how to root Huawei P20 Lite using Magisk? This post is what you need. The P20 series is Huawei’s most powerful series yet and the P20 Lite is like the affordable version. This series is also the first from the company to have the Notch display.
The P20 Lite focuses on those on a budget who wants to use the P20 flagship series. However, there’s a way you can get more functionality on your P20 Lite by following the steps below. We will be showing you how you can root Huawei P20 Lite using Magisk.
Before we go any further, please take note that we will not be held responsible if anything should happen to your P20 Lite when rooting the device. Also, make sure you have first-hand knowledge on how to root a device. Rooting a device voids any sort of warranty it comes with and you are doing this at your own personal risk.
The methods we will be providing below should work for any variants of the smartphone which are ANE – LX1, ANE LO1 & ANE – L21. You need to confirm the variants of your P20 Lite before proceeding further.
What To Do Before Rooting Huawei P20 Lite
• Perform a complete Backup of data on your Android device before proceeding.
• Unlock the bootloader of Huawei P20 Lite.
• Install Universal Android USB Drivers on your PC
• Make sure that you have ADB & Fastboot installed on your PC as well.
• Install Patched RAM Disk Image for Huawei P20 Lite.
• Install Stock RAM Disk Image (you will need this to unroot)
How To Root Huawei P20 Lite Using Magisk
Just follow these few simple steps to root the device easily.
• Switch off your device.
• Use the USB Cable to connect the device to your PC, while keeping the Volume Down button pressed.
• This will automatically put the device into Fastboot mode.
• Move the Patched RAM Disk Image file to the ADB & Fastboot installation folder.
• You will find the ‘C:\adb‘ where the binaries for ADB & Fastboot are located.
• Select Shift on the keyboard and simultaneously hit Right click from your mouse.
• Select ‘Open Power Shell Window Here‘ from the pop-up menu that comes up.
• Input “fastboot devices” in the command window key to check whether your phone is successfully detected or not.
• Once the device is detected, it will confirm the successful installation of USB Drivers.
• Input “fastboot flash ramdisk patched_ramdisk, img” to flash the Patched RAM Disk Image file onto your Huawei P20 Lite.
• After the flashing process is over, input “fastboot reboot” to reboot your device.
• Once the device has been rebooted, it will successfully be rooted but it will be running on stock firmware.
• You can now go ahead and Install the latest version of Magisk on your Huawei P20 Lite smartphone to get more from your rooted smartphone.
How To Unroot Huawei P20 Lite
Once you change your mind, you can unroot your device anytime you want. Maybe you’re experiencing some issues after rooting it, you can unroot by following the steps below.
• Put your device in fastboot mode again.
• Follow the same steps as mentioned above for rooting process (the only difference is that you will be flashing the Stock RAM Disk Image file to unroot your P20 Lite).
• Place the Stock RAM Disk Image file in the folder C:\adb and insert “fastboot flash ramdisk original_ramdisk.img.”, post opening the command window using Shift + Right click.
• Go ahead and reboot your device after the flashing process is over, using fastboot reboot command; your device will successfully get unrooted.
This is how you can root Huawei P20 Lite using Magisk to get full access to the device and do a lot of things. Did it work for you? Let us know below.