Get to know how to show the battery Percentage on iPhone XR. The new iPhone XR is one of the recently launched Smartphones from Apple. It was announced on September 12, 2018, with exciting features at an affordable price tag.
But one thing Apple failed to let us know before the launch was that iPhone XR doesn’t display battery percentage in the battery status bar. In other words, the iPhone XR doesn’t have a battery percentage indicator.
The good news is, you can find a way around it to show the battery percentage on your iPhone XR. You might need to install an iPhone XR swipe gesture to see it through.
As aforementioned, the iPhone XR comes with an entirely new concept; it still presents a ‘notch’ that bisects the top edge of its screen. This notch isn’t there for fancy but for a good number of reasons as it contains sensors and can be used as a cameras Face ID and taking selfies) but it removes much of the space previously taken up by the status bar.
Check out other interesting posts about iPhone
- Download iPhone Xs and Xs Max Wallpapers online
- How To Take Screenshots On The New iPhone X, iPhone XS, XS Max and XR
- How To Use Dual SIM on iPhone XS and XS Max
How then do we Show the Battery Percentage on iPhone XR?
In this article, we explain how to find the battery percentage on the iPhone XR.
By default, what you will be having is the digital clock appearing in the left-hand slot, the cellular, and Wi-Fi signal strengths and the battery remaining, all crammed together into the right-hand slot.
With this in view, we can see that there isn’t even room for the battery to be displayed as a percentage, only as a graphical icon – which tells you roughly how much power you’ve got, but not exactly.
Steps on how to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone XR
As I said earlier, there is a way out to show the battery percentage on iPhone XR, so to get started, the Control centre of the iPhone provides the answers to this.
- Above the various controls and toggles on the screen, pull down the status bar from the top so as to have enough space to expand the battery status into a graphic and a percentage figure.
- Note that this is different from the way the Control Centre displays on other iPhones, which blurs out the top status bar.
- In fact, there are other methods you can use to achieve the same thing. Any time you plug other old iPhones into a charging source, a graphic will pop up showing the current battery percentage.
On the new iPhone XR, however, that option no longer exists since there’s not enough room up there to show the percentage indicator because of the notch for the True Depth camera system.
But that doesn’t mean it’s gone entirely. There is no setting to enable viewing the battery percentage indicator on your iPhone XR because it’s already activated, hiding in the Control Center panel.
So while you will never be able to just glance at your iPhone again to see exactly how much battery power is left until it automatically shuts down, you can still perform a simple swipe gesture to see it no matter what screen you’re on.
So how do we do this,
Let’s get started
- Click the top right horn from the battery icon.
- Swipe down to access Control Center. You should see the battery percentage at the top right in the Control Center.
- Having confirmed the amount of battery, gently swipe up to dismiss Control Center.
- Thus, you have successfully confirmed the battery status of your iPhone XR.
If you don’t already know how to access the Control Center panel, you just swipe down with one finger from the top-right corner of the display where the battery icon and signal strength indicators are.
If you don’t want to actually use the Control Center, you could just swipe down to see the percentage left, then back up real quick, making the whole process not quite straight but easy. Hope after this tutorial, you were able to Show the Battery Percentage on iPhone XR