Infinix Hot 9 is the next in line in the Infinix Hot series and is set to go official pretty soon in Nigeria. The smartphone which succeeds the Infinix Hot 8 has already been launched in India and will definitely make its way into Nigeria in the coming weeks.
We already have its most likely specifications along with a release date. As for the specification, we are looking at a smartphone with a 6.6-inch IPS LCD display that has no notch, a Mediatek Helio A25 SoC with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage for the high specced variant and 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage for the cheapest version.
The Hot 9 comes with a quad-camera setup at the rear with the main one being a 16MP or 13MP sensor depending on the market. The device runs Infinix 6.0 XOS as expected based on the latest Android 10 and will be brought to life thanks to the massive 5,000mAh battery.
Let’s find out more.
Infinix Hot 9 Key Specs
- 6.6-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1600 pixels
- Android 10., 2GB/4GB Of RAM
- Mediatek MT6765 Helio A25, Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 32GB/ 64GB built-in storage
- 16MP + 2MP + 2MP + QVGA (Low light sensor) camera and 8MP selfie camera
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery
Infinix Hot 9 Design And Display
Infinix Hot 9 has a 6.6-inch IPS LCD display with no notch but rather, a motorized pop-up compartment which houses the single front-facing camera. As for the display, it has an HD+ resolution and uses the 19:9 aspect ratio which takes up all the front real estate, leaving just a small chin at the bottom. For protection, the display is covered with a slab of glass.
The body/back which is made of plastic has a quad-camera setup on it along with an LED flash at the top left corner and a fingerprint sensor at the usual spot. Colour options for the infinix Hot 9 will be Mineral Blue, Mystic Purple, Peach Pink and Peacock Blue. Infinix Hot 9 will measure 8.3mm in thickness and weigh 190.5grams.
Just like its predecessor, this will also have a dual SIM card slot with a dedicated microSD card slot for additional storage.
Infinix Hot 9 Power Camera Review
A total of five cameras sits on the Infinix Hot 9; Four at the back and one at the front. The one at the front is a 8MP punch-hole camera. It has HDR and the ability to shoot 720p videos at 30fps.
The quad-camera setup at the rear comprises of a 16MP main camera, an 2MP ultrawide camera, 2MP depth sensor and QVGA (Low light sensor)
It also has an LED flash, HDR, panorama and can shoot 1080p as well as 720 videos at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Infinx Hot 9 houses the Mediatek Helio A25 SoC which is a Chipset with an octa-core processor clocking speeds of up to 1.8GHz paired with PowerVR GE8320 GPU for graphics and games.
It has either 2GB or 4GB of RAM for multitasking through apps and 32GB or 64GB of internal storage for files which can be taken up to as high as 256GB via a microSD card thanks to the dedicated microSD card slot available.
Infinix Hot 9 runs Infinix’ own XOS Cheetah 6.0 out of the box which is based on the latest Android operating system – Android 10.
Battery and Connectivity
Infinix Hot 9 will be packing a massive 5,000mAh battery on the inside with no support for fast charging. Unfortunately, there is no USB Type-C here and charging as well as file transfer file will be done through the dated microUSB port.
The Infinix Hot 9 also has 4G LTE connectivity, WiFi, WiFi direct, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio and a 3.5mm jack.
Infinix Hot 9 Price in Nigeria and Availability
Infinx Hot 9 is expected to go official within the first quarter of 2020 and will cost anywhere between N32,000 to N45,000 in Nigeria depending on the version you opt for.
Infinix Hot 9 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 165.4 x 76.8 x 8.8 mm
- Material: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Weight: 185grams
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.6-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1600 pixels, 268ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 10, XOS 6.0
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio A25, Octa-core 1.8GHz
- RAM: 2GB/ 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB/ 64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB (Dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 16MP + 2MP + 2MP + QVGA – LED flash, HDR, Panorama
- Front Camera: 8MP punch-hole
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes,
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, accelerometer, gyro, proximity and light Sensor
- Capacity: 5,000mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support: Yes