The second generation of the Umidigi Power series has been released called “Umidigi Power 3”. The device will succeed the Umidigi Power which was released back in April 2019. For some unknown reasons, there won’t be a “Power 2” and you can check out the Umidigi S3 Pro as well. It is another great offering from the brand.
Anyways, let’s see what the new Power 3 smartphone have in stock for us.
Umidigi Power 3 Key Specs
- 6.53″ FHD+ FullView display
- 48MP AI Quad rear camera
- 16MP AI selfie camera
- MediaTek Helio P60 SoC
- Android 10
- Mult-Function NFC
- 6150 mAh battery
Umidigi Power 3 Design
The Umidigi Power 3 comes in a 3D ergonomic body build. The device weighs 228 grams and measures 162.1 x 77.2 x 10.3 mm in dimensions. The back features the Quad camera module, a rear-mounted fingerprint reader and the Umidigi brand name. The front features the FullView display with punch-hole. There are three body colour options available; Midnight Green, Space Gray and Classic Red.
The bezel-less IPS LCD display measures 6.53-inch in size. It features 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 ratio aspect ratio 401 pixels per inch density. This FullView display is ideal for watching videos and of course playing game.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood of the Umidigi Power 3 is MediaTek Helio P60 chipset with Octa-core CPU processor and Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. The chipset is laced with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. For more storage, there is a microSD slot.
The Umidigi flagship runs on the latest Android 10 stock version. With this device, you get to experience an uninterrupted Android operating system. It features the latest system-wide dark theme.
The Umidigi Power 3 comes with four cameras at the back. The camera is arranged in a rectangular shape module at the top left corner. Inside the module is a Samsung GM1 48 MP main lens, 13 MP ultra-wide-angle lens with 120° field of view, 5 MP macro lens, 5MP depth lens and dual-LED flash. For selfies, the device is equipped with a 16MP front-facing camera. The camera comes with AI Beauty, DIY Beautify and Face Unlock.
In case you don’t know, “Power” literally means “Battery”. The Power 3 comes with a huge 6150 mAh battery capacity.
It also supports AI power management and 18W fast charging. According to Umidigi, the battery can last up to 11 hours of gaming and 29 hours of video playback. With the help of an OTG cable and a 10W reverse charging output, this device can also serve as a power bank for other devices.
Umidigi Power 3 Complete Specs
- Announced: October 2019
- Status: October 2019
- Dimension: 162.1 x 77.2 x 10.3 mm
- Weight: 228 grams
- Build: Ergonomic unibody
- SIM: Dual-SIM
- Screen Display: IPS LCD
- Screen Size: 6.53-inch
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio: 19.5:9
- Display Protection: –
- Notch: No
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Operating System: Stock Android 10
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P60
- CPU: Octa-core (4xCortex-A73, 2.0GHz & 4xCortex-A53, 2.0GHz)
- GPU: Mali G72 MP3
- RAM: 4GB
- Built-in Storage Capacity: 64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Camera Type: Quad
- Camera Sensor: 48+13+5+5
- Camera Features: Ultra wide-angle mode, Steady handheld night photography, AI scenes detection, Macro mode, Portrait mode, Panorama mode, HDR, AI Beautify, Ultra wide-angle edge distortion correction, Dual LED flash, Face recognition, Real-time filters.
- Video Resolution: 1080p, 720p video, 30fps
- LED Flash: dual-LED flash
- Camera Type: Single
- Camera Sensor(s): 16MP
- Camera Features: AI Beauty, DIY Beautify
- Video Resolution: 1080p, 720p video, 30fps
- LED Flash: No
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- USB: USB Type-C
- Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 5G Wi-Fi Signal / Wi-Fi Direct / Supports Wi-Fi Display
- FM Radio: Yes
- GPS: Yes with A-GPS, Glonass, Galileo, BeiDou
- NFC: Yes
- Technology: 2G / 3G / 4G
- 4G Network Bands: FDD-LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /25 /26 /28A /28B /66 /71, TDD-LTE: 34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- 3G Network Bands: B1 /2 /4 /5 /6 /8, TD-SCDMA: B34 /39, CDMA EVDO: BC0 /BC1
- 2G Network Bands: GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8, CDMA1X: BC0 /BC1
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes with stereo speakers
- Speaker Location: bottom
- Sound Enhancement Features: Yes
- Audio Jack Type: 3.5mm
- Battery Capacity: 6150 mAh
- Wireless Charging: No
- Fast Charging: 18W fast charging, 10W reverse charging
- Colour Options: Midnight Green, Space Gray and Classic Red
- Sensors: Face Unlock, Rear-mounted fingerprint reader, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
Price and Availability
Umidigi Power 3 costs around $199. It is also available on Umidigi official store. The Umidigi Power 3 will cost around N60, 000 Naira in Nigeria