See step by step guide on how to update Infinix Note 4 and Zero 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo. Infinix Mobility announced that their latest flagships the Infinix Note 4, Note 4 Pro and Zero 5 will be getting Google’s latest Android operating system. According to the company, the Note 4 will be the first to receive the update this April. The Note 4 Pro will get the Oreo update in May, while the Zero 5 in August.
If you own any of these devices then you don’t need to buy a new smartphone to get the Oreo experience. But before you update your Infinix smartphone, there are some things you need to check. Stay with me, I will show you how to update Infinix Note 4, Note 4 Pro and Zero 5.
What To Do Before You Update Infinix Note 4 and Zero 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo
・Unroot your Infinix smartphone if you have once rooted it in the past.
・Ensure there’s enough space on your internal storage, at least 2GB
・Make sure your battery percentage is above 30% before rooting.
What Will Happen After Updating Infinix Note 4
Once you update Infinix Note 4 and Zero 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo you will start enjoying this new features.
・Optimized effect of display and camera
・Optimized display of themes and wallpaper
・Optimized the endurance of battery.
・Optimized the layout of a desktop.
・New message notification board
・New eye care mode and other updated features.
How to update Infinix Note 4 and Zero 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo
Just like I said above, the Oreo update for Infinix Note 4 will arrive early next month. You should get the system update pop up message, when you do, click on it. Go through the terms and conditions and click on “update”. Explained below are the steps to take to upgrade your Infinix Note 4 and Zero 5 to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Ensure you Charge the battery above 50% to avoid an interruption
- If you use custom recovery, go back to stock recovery
- Write down your Build number in case you will like to revert to Android Nougat
- If you haven’t done any kinds of techy stuff on your phone, let’s go to how you can perform this upgrade.
- Go to setting>About Phone>System update
- Search for the Oreo update in case you haven’t seen the notification.
- Take note that you must have performed all previous incremental updates before this Android 8.0 Oreo update.
- Update size is around 2GB, it’s advisable you have a minimum of 3GB data before embarking on the upgrade. You can use WiFi or a very strong internet connection.
- Make sure you have at least 6GB free memory space on your smartphone.
- Start the Download process, it may take a while to finish the download.
- After you’ve finished downloading the files update it will automatically unzip,
- You will be notified if you want to perform the update, click install
- Take a bottle of soft drink and wait while your phone is upgrading to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Once the update is successful, you can start rocking the latest Android 8.0 Oreo on the Infinix Note 4, Note 4 Pro or the Zero 4 devices.
This is how to update Infinix Note 4 and Zero 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo. If you have the Note 4 Pro and Zero 5, you can as well use the method above to upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. The Oreo update for Note 4 Pro and Zero 5 flagships is expected to be released latest August 2018.