The successor the last year’s Xiaomi Mi 9 just arrived, packing so many improvements in different aspects. It also brought along its sibling, the pro version, which takes thing up a notch. The standard Xiaomi Mi 10 comes with a big 6.67-inch display with a punch hole, a Snapdragon 865 SoC on the inside, 8GB or 12GB of RAM with 128GB or 256GB of internal storage.
It also has a hefty 4,780mAh battery capacity which has a 30W fast battery charging as well as a 30W wireless charging. It does reverse wireless charging of up to 10W.
Let’s find out what else the Xiaomi Mi 10 has going on.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Key Specs
- 6.67-inch Foldable Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 10, 8GB/12GB Of RAM
- Snapdragon 865, Octa-core 2.84GHz
- 128GB/256GB built-in storage
- 108MP + 13MP + 2MP + 2MP and a 20MP selfie camera
- 4,780mAh non-removable battery
Xiaomi Mi 10 Design And Display
Xiaomi Mi 10 has a lot going for it when it comes to the display. First, it has a big 6.67-inch Super AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution, 386ppi, 19:9 aspect ratio and a punch hole at the top left housing the front-facing camera.
Still, on the display, it has a 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch-sensing, supports HDR and can go up to 500nits in brightness. There is also a fingerprint sensor underneath the display for biometric unlock.
As for the design and the look from the back, it looks a lot like it’s predecessor, except for the additional camera. The back of the device is packed with four sensors and an LED flash. Colour options available for the Mi 10 are Ice Blue, Peach Gold and Titanium Silver.
Overall, this device weighs 208grams and measures 9mm in thickness, all thanks to the massive battery on the inside.
Camera Specs Review
At the back of the Xiaomi Mi 10 lies four cameras, one of which is a 108MP sensor. The 108MP sensor which is the main camera has an f/1.7 aperture with PDAF and OIS. The second one is a 13MP ultrawide camera with an f/2.4 aperture while the third and fourth camera are both 2MP sensors; one being a dedicated macro camera while the other is a depth sensor for portrait shots, both of which have an f/2.4 aperture.
Features of the rear camera include a dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR and panorama. The rear camera can also shoot 8k videos at 30fps and 4k or 1080p videos at 30/60fps. The 20MP front-facing camera with HDR can only shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Xiaomi Mi 10 uses the latest and fastest SoC from Qualcomm; Snapdragon 865. This Chipset has an octa-core processor clocked at 2.84GHz paired with an Adreno 650 GPU for graphics and games. This is connected to either 8GB or 12GB of RAM. The 8GB RAM variant comes with either 128GB or 256GB of in-built storage while the 12GB RAM variant comes with only 256GB of internal storage.
There is no microSD card slot here and you’ll have to make do with what it comes with. As expected, the Xiaomi Mi 10 boots up Xiaomi’s MIUI 11 Skin which is based on the Android 10. This device also has 5G and there is no 4G only version.
Battery and Connectivity
Battery Capacity here stands at an impressive 4,780mAh accompanied by both a 30W fast battery charging through USB Type-C port and a 30W Wireless charging. It also has a 10W reverse wireless charging.
Features of the Xiaomi Mi 10 includes 5G, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi Direct, NFC, FM Radio and GPS. No 3.5mm jack here.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Price and Availability
Xiaomi Mi 10 starts at $572 for the base configuration with 8GB/128GB and can go as high as $673 for the biggest configuration with 12GB/256GB. The Xiaomi Mi 10 will be available in Nigeria soon at a price of N180,000-N200,000
Xiaomi Mi 10 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 162.6 x 74.8 x 9 mm
- Material: front/glass (Both Corning gorilla glass 5),
- Weight: 208grams
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM)
- Type: Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.67-inch
- Screen Resolution: 20:9, 1080 x 2340pixels, 386ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 10, MIUI 11
- Chipset: Snapdragon 865+, Octa-core 2.84GHz
- RAM: 8GB/12GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB/256GB – UFS 3.0
- Card Slot: No
- Rear Camera: 108MP + 13MP + 2MP + 2MP – dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF
- Front Camera: 20MP – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (under-display)
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, accelerometer, gyro, proximity and light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,780mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes, 30W, 30W wireless charging, USB PD 3.0, 10W reverse wireless charging
- OTG Support: Yes