In this article on Techblet.com, I will be talking about the cheapest and most affordable MTN tariff plans in 2023. If you’re looking for the cheapest and best tariff plan for MTN then you’re in the right place.
MTN is Nigeria’s biggest telecommunication company and network provider. They offer one of the best calling rates in the country with lots of amazing prepaid plans to choose from.
Without further ado, these are the cheapest and most affordable MTN tariff plans.
Cheapest MTN tariff plans
1. MTN StartPack
More like a starter pack, this plan is also known as the YafunYafun SIM offer. Just as the name suggests, this special tariff plan is for newly registered customers and new subscribers. This plan is only valid for just 3 months after which you’ll be prompted to choose a different plan.
MTN StartPack Bonus
What are the benefits of MTN StartPack? First of all, when you recharge N100 of airtime and more, you get an instant 700% airtime bonus to call all networks in Nigeria as well. However, the bonus airtime will expire after 7 days. You also get free WhatsApp access for the first three days. Below are the charges when you’re in the MTN StartPack Bonus.
• National calls will now be 66.67kobo/sec (40 Naira/min).
• National SMS will now be 4 Naira per SMS.
• International calls will now be 75kobo/sec (45 Naira/min).
• International SMS will now be 12 Naira per SMS.
To check details of the airtime bonus such as balance, usage, and expiry date, the USSD code to dial is 559*43#.
2. MTN BetaTalk
The MTN BetaTalk is more like the default tariff plan when the StartPack expires. It is very cheap and everyone’s favourite, this might be because of the 250 percent airtime bonus on every airtime recharge of 100 Naira and above.
MTN BetaTalk Bonus
• 250 Percent airtime bonus on every airtime recharge of 100 Naira and above.
• 150 Percent airtime bonus on every airtime recharge below 100 Naira.
• The bonus airtime can be used to make calls, browse the internet, and send messages to all local networks.
• Calls charged from the main account – 42kobo/sec (25.20 Naira/minute) from the main account.
• Calls charged from bonus account – 45kobo/sec (27 Naira/minute) from the bonus account.
To migrate for MTN BetaTalk, simply dial *123*2*1# or text “BT” to “131.”
3. MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid
This is one of the cheapest on the list and worthy to be on the list of the cheapest and most affordable MTN tariff plans. It’s also perfect for those that love to browse the internet. You’ll get a lot of benefits and bonuses, check below.
• 15k/s for all local and international calls.
• 50% data bonus when you subscribe to the 2.5GB MTN data plan.
Want to subscribe to the 2.5GB data plan and get the 50 Percent bonus? Simply dial *131*110# or SMS “110” to “131.”
To migrate to MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid simply dial *408*1# or *123*2*3#. Or you can simply text “408” to 131.
4. MTN Pulse
MTN Pulse is another affordable tariff plan that offers one of the cheapest rates for calls. However, you have to spend N11 daily to be eligible for all the benefits it has to offer. You’ll also enjoy a data bonus on every airtime recharge.
• 11k/s for all local calls (on-net calls and off-net calls) after spending 11 Naira daily.
• 100% data bonus when you subscribe to MTN 500MB weekly bundle.
• Happy Hour Night browsing at 25 Naira daily.
• Stream music on Music+ at 10 Naira daily.
To migrate to MTN Pulse, simply dial *406*1#. Or text “406” to “131.”
The MPulse plan by MTN is targeted at empowering students between the ages of 9 – 15. They are trying to help the kids reach their full potentials by using the plan. There are some benefits and bonuses of switching to the plan and they are listed below.
- Data Bonus upon airtime recharge
- Free 30MB data when you visit the MPulse website for the first time
- SMS to all networks for only ₦4
- Airtime and data transfer from parent to child
- Free WhatsApp bonus after first airtime recharge every month
- You get ₦200 airtime during your birthday
- They offer you 250MB data for ₦50 and 750MB for ₦150
- You can access to 15.36 kobo per second call rate across all networks
6. MTN TruTalk Plan
If you switch to this tariff plan you get to pay 11.26 kobo per second for calls to all networks in Nigeria. The downside is that you have to pay ₦7.17 every day to keep it running. To migrate you need to dial *126*2*6# or text TT to 131. There are some people that prefer the plan because of the cheap call rate even though there is a daily surcharge.
7. MTN Yafun Yafun Plan
The Yafun Yafun Plan from MTN is only available if you buy a new MTN sim. It stays in that YAFUN YAFUN tariff plan for like three months and you will enjoy a lot of benefits. There is no official code from MTN on how to switch to the tariff plan.
You will get 700% of every recharge from 100 naira and above
They give you 100% data bonus on all subscriptions
You get free 500 naira if you activate the sim.
You need a new MTN sim and you will have to select MTN Yafun Yafun tariff plan from the prompt that appears after you activate the sim. MTN will even activate the plan for you by default.
8. MTN Awuf 4U
The Awuf 4U tariff plan gives you a recharge bonus of up to 400% on every recharge above 100 naira. You will also get 275% on every recharge between 1 to 99 naira. If you want to activate the Awuf 4U tariff plan on MTN you have to dial *888*airtime pin# or you can do it Via MTN VTU.
9. MTN Xtra Value Carte
This tariff plan is all about preferences. You can match bundles from a collection of national, international, data, and roaming voices into a personalized bundle. The MTN Xtra Value Carte is available for both prepaid and postpaid subscribers on the network. To activate the special tariff plan here are the steps to follow:
- Download the myMTN app
- Click “Bundle” and select “Build your Bundle”
- Then you can add the bundles that your prefer
Immediately you are done you will be migrated to the tariff plan and your bundle account will be credited.
10. MTN XtraValue
The MTN XtraValue gives you airtime for local SMS and calls, you also get international calls to some select destinations. You also get data after subscribing to any Xtravalue bundle plan. It is available in two categories and they are XtraTalk and XtraData. If you want to Migrate to the XtraValue tariff Plan you just dial *131*2# and select 1 or 2 for your preferred value plan.
These are the cheapest and most affordable MTN tariff plans. There are other special offers from MTN that you can enjoy within leaving your current Tariff plan, like the MTN Awuf4U, MTN XtraValue, and XtraTalk bundles.