G8 is a smartphone from BLU that was designed to Impress with really nice looking design and colours. It also has some really impressive internals as well starting from the 6.3-inch display to the dual rear camera and down to the whopping 4,000mAh battery capacity. There is so much much to like about this device. Let me see what else the BLU G8 has up its sleeves.
BLU G8 Key Specs
- 6.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 3GB Of RAM
- UNISOC SC9863A, Octa-core 1.6GHz
- 64GB built-in storage
- 13MP + 2MP camera and 13MP selfie camera.
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
BLU G8 Design And Display
One of the highlights of this device is perhaps its design. The back is made of a mirror-like metal for that premium look which shines and reflects lights in the three gradient colours (Blue, Black and Red) options it comes in.
The display is a 6.3-inch IPS LCD panel with a 19:9 aspect ratio and a waterdrop notch at the top for the front-facing camera. There is also a chin down at the bottom. Coming back to the display, it is a display with an HD+ resolution with a pixel per inch density of 267.
Overall, this device weighs 181grams thanks to the heft battery on the inside with a thickness measurement of 9.6mm.
BLU G8 Camera Review
Both the front-facing camera and the rear-facing camera is using the same 13MP camera which is capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30fps. Furthermore, the rear-facing camera has an additional 2MP depth sensor camera for depth sensing in portrait mode shots and an LED flash for low light photography.
Hardware and Software
BLU G8 uses a UNISOC SC9863 Chipset. This chipset has an octa-core processor clocking speeds of up to 1.6GHz paired with an IMG8322 GPU for gaming.
It has 3GB of RAM to handle multitasking through apps and 64GB of internal storage for files. You can add more storage too if you want as this device can take up to 64GB of additional storage, thanks to the MicroSD card slot available.
This device runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the box with BLU’s UI baked on top of that. It is also a dual nano-SIM smartphone so you can use two SIM cards at once if you want.
Battery and Connectivity
There is a 4,000mAh battery here which keeps the lights on. BLU says this device charges fast but there isn’t a mention of the specific fast charging standard it supports.
It also has WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio, 3.5mm jack and of course, a micro-USB port for charging the battery as well as transferring files.
BLU G8 Price and Availability
BLU G8 costs $139 and can be purchased right now on various online shopping stores.
BLU G8 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 161.4 x 78 x 9.6 mm
- Material: Metal
- Weight: 181grams
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1520 pixels, 267ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: UNISOC SC9863A, Octa-core 1.6GHz
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 64GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 2MP – LED flash
- Front cam,era: 13MP – LED flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, MicroUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,000mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $139