BLU G9 Pro is a very impressive device with a ton of great features. This great device starts at around $200 and for that you get a 6.3-inch device with FHD+ resolution, a MediaTek Helio P60 chipset inside running things, 4GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage.
It also has a triple camera setup with an LED flash, a 4,000mAh battery with support for fast charging and a fingerprint sensor for biometric unlock. Let’s see what else this device had up its sleeves.
BLU G9 Pro Key Specs
- 6.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 4GB Of RAM
- Mediatek Helio P60, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- 128GB built-in storage
- 16MP + 20MP + 5MP camera and 24MP selfie camera.
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
BLU G9 Pro Design And Display
BLU G9 Pro has a kinda shimmery purple finish which reflects light in the most subtle way. The back is covered with glass and so is the front with an aluminium frame all around. The purple looking colour which is the only colour option available for the device is called nightfall.
Still on the back of the device, we have a triple camera setup along with an LED flash and a fingerprint sensor for biometric unlock. Over at the front is the 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a notch housing the front-facing camera.
The display has an FHD+ resolution, uses a 19:9 aspects ratio and has a pixel per inch density of 409. BLU G9 Pro as a whole weighs 183grams and measures 8.6mm in thickness.
BLU G9 Pro Camera Review
BLU G9 Pro has four cameras in total. Three of those cameras sit comfortably at the rear. It comprises of a 16MP main camera with an f/1.8 aperture and PDAF, a 20MP camera with also an f/1.8 aperture and lastly, a 5MP depth sensor camera for portrait shots.
The rear camera features an LED flash for shots in low light. It also has Panorama, HDR and the ability to shoot videos in 1080p at 30fps.
As for selfies, it has a 24MP shooter in the notch up top with an f/2.0 aperture ready to do the job. Just like the rear camera, the front-facing camera can also shoot 1080 videos at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Inside the BLU G9 Pro is the Helio P60 SoC from MediaTek. This chipset has 8 cores clocking speeds of up to 2.0GHz accompanied by a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. RAM and storage are 4GB and 128GB respectively.
It also has a MicroSD card slot through which additional storage can be added. You can add as much as 128GB. There is also a dual SIM card slot on board. BLU G9 Pro runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the box but has confirmed to receive Android 10 in the near future.
Battery and Connectivity
A 4,000mAh powers this device and comes with both fast wired charging (18W) and wireless charging (10W). Wired charging is done through the USB Type-C port.
Other Connectivities BLU G9 Pro has includes 4G LTE connectivity, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, GPS, FM radio, a 3.5mm jack and Bluetooth.
BLU G9 Pro Price and Availability
BLU G9 Pro costs $250 which is for the 4GB/128GB configuration. There is no other configuration as at the moment of writing this.
BLU G9 Pro Full Specifications
- Dimension: 157 x 75.1 x 8.6 mm
- Material: front/back glass, aluminium frame
- Weight: 183grams
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340pixels, 409ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, Planned Upgrade to Android 10
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio P60, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 4G RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 16MP + 20MP + 5MP – LED flash, Panorama, HDR
- Front camera: 24MP
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,000mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W – Qi Wireless charging, 10W
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $250