There are instances when you may want to totally block a contact or a number on your iPhone, whether it’s because of spam callers, bothersome advertising texts, or anything else. Fortunately, there are some options available that do not require you to jump through hoops. So, whatever your reason for wanting to block someone, here’s how to do it on your iPhone.
This article will show you how to prevent someone from calling or texting you on your iPhone.
How to Block a Number on iPhone
Block a Number Via Recent Calls on iPhone
Here’s how to block a number from your iPhone’s Recent Calls screen if you recently received a call from a number you wish to block.
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone and select the “Recents” tab.
- Now, locate the phone number you wish to block and hit the I information icon next to it.
- After that, confirm by tapping Block this Caller.
That’s it! You will no longer receive calls, texts, or FaceTime calls from the number or person you have blocked.
Block a Number Via Contacts tab on iPhone
You can also block a contact via the Phone app’s Contacts tab. To do so, go to the Contacts tab, select a specific contact, then Block this Caller -> Block Contact.
Block a Number Using Messages App on iPhone
If you’re getting a lot of spam texts from a certain contact or phone number, you may ban them right from the Messages app. On the iPhone messaging app, here’s how to block a number.
- On your iOS device, open the Messages app. Then go to the person or chat thread you’d like to block.
- Next, tap the person’s name at the top and then the “Info” button.
- Then, at the bottom, touch the Block this Caller option. Make sure to tap Block Contact in the popup menu to confirm.
How to Unblock Numbers on iPhone and Monitor Your iPhone Blocked List
iOS provides a thorough list of blocked numbers as well as the ability to control it with the necessary flexibility. As a result, you can keep track of blocked contacts and opt to unblock specific people.
- To get started, open your iOS device’s Settings app and select Phone.
- Select the Blocked Contacts option after scrolling down a little. Then, in the top right corner of the screen, hit Edit.
- Then, to the left of the contact you wish to unblock, tap the red “-” icon and then the Unblock button. Finally, press Done in the upper right corner of the screen to complete the process.
Using Third-party Apps
You can use call blocking apps for iOS to protect yourself from irritating scam callers. The following are the 3 top iPhone spam call blockers.
Due to its functionality and cost, REKK is by far the best call blocking app for iPhone. Incoming calls from certain phone numbers, as well as spammers, scammers, telemarketers, and robots, can be blocked. REKK also has a sophisticated caller ID feature that allows you to see who is contacting you before you pick up the phone.
Hiya is one of the top iPhone call filters that also provides spam notifications and blocks scam calls. Hiya is useful for blocking telemarketers, robocalls, and fraudulent calls.
This app provides you with the most up-to-date information regarding telephone scams. Call Blocker detects commercial, spam, and robocalls, as well as who is calling you. With a few taps after verifying the owner, you can effortlessly ban unsolicited calls.
So, that’s how you can effortlessly block and manage phone numbers on your iOS device. Blocking numbers will go a long way toward keeping spam calls at bay. Do you have any questions or are you experiencing trouble blocking numbers on your iPhone? Please share your thoughts in the comments section.