This article will show you how to open, extract, create, and repair RAR files on your Android device. The following information should be applicable regardless of who manufactured your Android phone: Samsung, Google, Huawei, Xiaomi, and others.
This article will be extremely useful for people who are new to playing PPSSPP/PSP games on Android and want to learn how to extract compressed ISO in RAR formats, as well as those who just want to extract a random compressed file from the internet straight to their smartphones.
For this tutorial, we’ll be using three popular Android applications. Depending on your preferences, these apps can operate independently. You do not need to install all of it on your phone. The three apps are as follows:
RAR is a free archiver that can build and extract RAR, ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, 7z, ISO, and ARJ archives. It also has functions for repairing corrupted ZIP and RAR files, encryption, solid archives, and other things. RARLAB’s RAR may also function as a general-purpose file manager.
How to Open RAR and Zip Files on Android Using RAR
- Download the RAR App
- Launch the app and grant storage permission.
- Navigate to the directory and double-click the RAR file to view its contents.
- To extract the file, check the box next to it, then press the Extract button at the top, select the file destination, and press OK to finalize the extraction.
7Zipper has an easy-to-use user interface. It supports all main archive formats, such as ZIP, RAR, tar, jar, 7z, and others. File management, picture viewer, text viewer, and FTP file management with Ftp Client, Ftp Server, or HTTP Server are also included.
How to Open RAR and Zip Files on Android Using 7Zipper
- Download 7Zipper App.
- Launch it and grant storage permission.
- Go to the directory and double-click the RAR file.
- To extract the file, tap on the archive, select the location, and then click OK.
Another great archive management app is ZArchiver. Most types of archives, including ZIP and RAR, can be created and extracted. You can further edit archives, add or remove passwords, and produce and decompress multi-part archives.
How to Open RAR and Zip Files on Android Using ZArchiver