The traditional file transfer technique of using a USB cable and Bluetooth technology, which was believed to be quite fast, has been overtaken by the release of Xender cross-platform file transfer app. This software makes use of Wi-Fi to share files on both mobile to mobile and also to desktop without any mobile data usage. With the latest version of Xender, you can easily share any files from your Android device to iPhone, even to Mac.
Sharing of files using this app does not require the use of USB cable or PC software installation; all you need do is to set up a private network and sync it with the other device and then share your files instantly. Basically, with Xender app, you can share anything you want, from documents, pictures, musics, to videos and even apps — speedily and easily — thanks to the developers of the software, compatible with both Android and iOS. With this tool, you can transfer larger sized files and folders within few seconds.
Files Transfer Using Xender App on Android
- Download and install the Xender App via Google Play.
- Launch the app and ensure your device has the personal hotspot feature.
- Tap the “Create Group” button on either of the devices to initiate the connections.
- Once the connection has been created on the other device, the user will tap the “Join Group” option and enable location access to complete the link. An interface with a QR code will appear; allow the device to scan the QR code, and both devices should be automatically connected.
- Find your friends and tap to start sharing files with them.
Files Transfer Via Xender App on Android to iPhone
- Locate and open the Xender app on your Android device.
- Tap the “Send button” and choose “Connect to iPhone” option from the pop-up screen, showing “Android Share Wi-Fi network” and password to enable connection with the iPhone.
- Now a virtual network will be created by your Android device
- On the iOS device, go to the settings menu; tap Wi-Fi; click on the “Choose a network” option.
- To complete the connection, on the iOS select the “Android Wi-Fi network” and enter the password
- Finally, click on the “Connect” button. The devices should now automatically connect, and you can proceed with your files sharing.
File Sharing Using Xender App on Android to PC
- On your Android device, open the Xender app.
- Launch your browser and go to the Xender site on your PC.
- At the top-left corner of your Android device, tap the icon or swipe to the right.
- From the pop-up options, select the “More option”.
- Click on the “Connect to PC” option.
- Scan the QR code displayed on the Xender site on the PC.
- Now you should have all your folders and files showing on the desktop.
- Proceed with your files sharing between the two devices.
- Launch the Xender app and turn on the personal hotspot.
- On your PC, turn on the Wi-Fi connection and search for the hotspot created by the mobile device.
- Open a browser on your PC, “Firefox or Chrome” and enter the following: http://192.168.43.1:33455 in the your browser’s address bar and tap the “Enter” key.
- A pop-up message will appear, prompting you to accept the connection.
- Tap “Accept” permission on your device. Your device is now successfully connected with your computer.
Other innovative features in Xender app include the group sharing feature that allows up to 4 devices; extremely fast speed for sending and receiving files; speed ranges between 4Mbps to 6Mbps, zero internet and data usage; no installation is required for it to work on PC/Mac, and so on.