Huawei has launched the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro at an event in Munich, Germany. Amidst US-China ongoing trade war, the company took a bold step in releasing both smartphones without Google’s services. Imagine an Android phone without Google core/pre-installed apps.
Let’s take a look at the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro specs and price in Nigeria.
Huawei Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro Key Specs
- 6.62-inch (Mate 30) and 6.53-inch (Mate 30 Pro) AMOLED displays
- 6GB/128GB, 8GB/128GB 8GB/256GB memory options
- Triple (Mate 30) and Quad (Mate 30 Pro) rear camera.
- Dual selfie camera
- Faster Face ID unlocking
- HiSilicon Kirin 990 SoC
- Android 10 OS with EMUI 10 skin
- 4,200 mAh (Mate 30) and 4,500 mAh (Mate 30 Pro) batteries
The body build of both Mate smartphones is the same. We have a front and back Corning Gorilla glass with aluminium frame. The front display stretches out to the sides, making the side-buttons accessible through the display.
The Mate 30 Pro weighs 198 grams and measures 8.8 mm in thickness. It is slightly heavier and thicker than the base Mate 30, which comes in 196 grams and 8.4 mm thick.
For the Huawei Mate 30, you get IP53 dust and splash protection. Whereas, the Mate 30 Pro goes further with IP68 dust, water-resistant and the display is a water-drop display.
The Mate 30 has a 3.5mm audio jack which is absent on the Mate 30.
Both phones are available in the same body colour options; Black, Space Silver, Cosmic Purple, Emerald Green Black, Space Silver, Cosmic Purple, and Emerald Green.
Underneath the AMOLED display of both device is a fingerprint reader. The display of the Mate 30 measures 6.62 inches and features 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 389 PPI density.
The Mate 30 Pro’s display measures 6.53 inches and comes with 1176 x 2400 pixels resolution, 18.5:9 aspect ratio and 409 PPI density. Both displays feature DCI-P3 and HDR10.
Hardware and Software
On the inside of the Huawei Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro is HiSilicon Kirin 990 SoC built on 7nm+ process tech.
The chip features Octa-core processor consisting of two Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.86GHz, two Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.09GHz and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.86GHz.
On the Mate 30, the Kirin 990 SoC is paired with either 6GB or 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. While on the Mate 30 Pro, it is paired with an 8GB RAM and 128GB or 256GB storage.
The Mate 30 series runs on Android 10 coated with EMUI 10 custom skin. The devices lack Google services and support. This means no Google pre-installed apps on both phones.
The Huawei Mate 30 comes with a triple rear camera while the Pro version comes with a quad rear camera. Their cameras are enclosed in a circular module at the top middle making it look like a digital camera.
For the Mate 30, it features a 40 MP f/1.8 wide-angle main sensor, an 8 MP f/2.4 telephoto sensor and 16 MP f/2.2 ultrawide sensor. The Mate 30 Pro, improves the third sensor from 16MP to a staggering 40MP with a better f/1.8 aperture and adds a fourth camera which is a 3D TOF camera.
They both have identical camera features; PDAF, Lazer AF, OIS, 3x optical zoom, gyro-EIS, Leica optics, panorama, HDR, dual-LED dual-tone flash e.t.c. Upfront, both smartphones sport two cameras. The Mate 30 comes with a 24MP f/2.0 and 3D TOF cameras. While the Mate 30 Pro features a 32MP f/2.0 wide-angle and 3D TOF cameras.
Both the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro supports 40W fast charging, 27W wireless charging and Power bank/Reverse wireless charging. Battery wise, the Mate 30 packs a non-removable Li-Po 4,200 mAh. While the Mate 30 Pro comes with a non-removable Li-Po 4,500 mAh.
Huawei Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro Price in Nigeria
The 6GB/128GB variant of the Huawei Mate 30 costs around N299,680 Naira. There is also an 8GB/128GB variant but the price hasn’t been announced yet.
For the Huawei Mate 30 Pro, you can get the 8GB/256GB model with 4G connectivity for N336,360 Naira. While the 5G connectivity of the same 8GB/256GB goes for around N478,050.
Huawei Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro Complete Specs
• Announced: 2019, September
• Status: Expected release 2019, October
• Dimension: 160.8 x 76.1 x 8.4 mm (Mate 30) & 158.1 x 73.1 x 8.8 mm (Mate 30 Pro)
• Weight: 196 grams (Mate 30) & 198 grams (Mate 30 Pro)
• Build: Front/back glass, aluminum frame
• SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
• Screen Display: AMOLED
• Screen Size: 6.62-inch (Mate 30), 6.53-inch (Mate 30 Pro)
• Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels (Mate 30), 1176 x 2400 pixels (Mate 30 Pro)
• Aspect Ratio: 19.5:9 ratio (Mate 30), 18.5:9 ratio (Mate 30 Pro)
• Display Protection: Yes Corny Gorrilla Glas
• Notch: Yes
• Operating System: Android 10 (EMUI 10)
• Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 990
• CPU: Octa-core (2×2.86 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×2.09 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.86 GHz Cortex-A55)
• GPU: Mali-G76 MP16
• RAM: 6GB/8GB (Mate 30), 8GB (Mate 30 Pro)
• Built-in Storage Capacity: 128GB (Mate 30), 128GB/256GB (Mate 30 Pro)
• Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
• Camera Type: Triple (Mate 30), Quad (Mate 30 Pro)
• Camera Sensor: 40 + 8 + 16MP (Mate 30), 40 + 8 + 40 + 3D (Mate 30 Pro)
• Camera Features: PDAF, Lazer AF, OIS, 3x optical zoom, gyro-EIS, Leica optics, panorama, HDR
• Video Resolution: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps, gyro-EIS
• LED Flash: dual-LED dual-tone flash
• Camera Type: Dual
• Camera Sensor(s): 24MP + 3D (Mate 30), 32MP + 3D (Mate 30 Pro)
• Camera Features: HDR
• Video Resolution: 1080p@30fps
• Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
• USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
• Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
• FM Radio: No
• GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
• NFC: Yes
• Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
• 4G Network Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 6(900), 7(2600), 8(900), 9(1800), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
• 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
• 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
• Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
• EDGE: Yes
• GPRS: Yes
• Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
• Speaker Location: –
• Sound Enhancement Features: 32-bit/384kHz audio, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
• Audio Jack Type: Yes (Mate 30), No (Mate 30 Pro)
• Battery Capacity: 4,200 (Mate 30), 4,500 (Mate 30 Pro)
• Wireless Charging: Yes, 27W
• Fast Charging: Yes, 40W
• Colour Options: Black, Space Silver, Cosmic Purple, Emerald Green
• Sensors: Face ID, fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass