Barely a few months after Huawei launched the Nova 4 which was powered by Kirin 970 SoC with 48MP rear camera, the company has launched its toned-down version today named Huawei nova 4e. The latest nova 4e is powered by the Kirin 710 SoC with 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM. The smartphone came with Android pie based EMUI 9. It came with 128GB internal storage which can be expanded using a microSD card.
The Huawei nova 4e came with a 6.15 – inches 19:5:9 LCD and comes with a resolution of 2312×1080 pixels. At the top of the display is a water drop notch which houses 32MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture. At the back of the device is a triple camera setup – 24MP, 8MP and 2MP units. The primary sensor that has f/1.8 aperture is the 24MP camera while the 8MP camera came with a 120 – degree ultra-wide-angle lens. The last 2MP camera is used for depth sensing. Also, 3D glass is used to cover the back of the device.
Most of the added features in the nova 4e include; HiVision, GPU Turbo 2.0 and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. Another wonderful thing about the device is that it came with 3.5mm headphone jack with a battery capacity of 3,340mAh (with 18W fast charging). It came with USB type – C port.
The Huawei Nova 4e came in three colour variants – Gradient Blue, Midnight Black and Pearl White. You can get the phone in China starting from March 21. The 4GB RAM model will be sold for CYN 1,999 ($298) while the 6GB RAM model will be sold for CYN 2,999 ($342).
For those outside China, the Nova 4e will be shipped globally as P30 Lite starting from March 26.
Key Specs of Huawei nova 4e
- Dimension: 152.9 x 72.7 x 7.4 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 159 grams
- SIM Dual SIM: Single Sim (Nano Sim) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano Sim, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.15-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9 HD+, 1080 x 2312 pixels (403ppi)
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 710 (12 nm)
- RAM: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Card Slot: Yes, microSD, up to 256GB (Uses SIM 2 Slot)
- Primary: 24MP [f/1.8]+ 8MP + 2MP – (autofocus) with LED flash
- Front-Camera: 32MP Selfie Shooter
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- USB: Yes, Type-C
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Sensor: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3340 mAh battery with 16W fast charging
- Type: Li-Polymer
- OTG Support: Yes