Infinix Mobility has released the new member of the Smart family – Infinix Smart 4. The new device targets the budget segment of the market and succeeds the Infinix Smart 3 series.
We have no clue why the company decided to name it the “Smart 4”. Your guess is as good as mine, we might get to see an “Infinix Smart 4” or “Infinix Smart 4 Plus”.
Anyways, let’s see what the Infinix Smart 4 has in stock for us with this specs and price review article.
Infinix Smart 4 Key Specs
- 6.6 inches IPS LCD display
- Dual rear camera (8MP + QVGA)
- 5MP selfie camera
- 2GB/32GB memory
- MediaTek Helio A22 SoC
- Android 9 Pie (with XOS skin)
- 4,000 mAh battery
Infinix Smart 4 Design
The design of the Smart 4 is basically like every other Infinix budget smartphones. It features a front glass and plastic unibody. The device measures 167 x 76 x 8.3 mm in dimensions and weighs 178 grams. The Infinix Smart 4 is available in three body colour options; Black, Quetzal Cyan, and Violet.
The front of the device features a waterdrop notch display while at the back, we have a dual camera with LED flash. The device features a rear-mounted fingerprint reader, which isn’t its only biometric security feature. It also supports a more sophisticated face unlock system.
The Infinix Smart 4 comes with a 6.6 inches waterdrop notch IPS LCD display panel. The display features an HD+ resolution, which gives you a cinematic-quality experience with its beautiful and vibrant screen. This is the display setup featured in the Infinix Hot 8 and Hot 8 Lite smartphones.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood is a MediaTek Helio A22 SoC which features four cores processor clocked at 2.0 GHz. Graphics setting is handled by the PowerVR GE8320 GPU. The chipset is coupled with a 2GB RAM and 32GB storage.
Of course, additional storage is possible via microSD slot for up to 256GB. Software-wise, it runs on the newest XOS 5.5 custom skin which is based on Google’s Android 9 Pie. The XOS 5.5 comes with optimized apps functionalities and is said to be efficient and convenient.
The camera module at the back of the phone features an 8MP main camera sensor and a QVGA camera. In-between the camera is the dual-LED flash. This camera setup is able to record 1080p resolution videos at 30fps.
To ensure your photos look great and sharp, the camera of the Infinix Smart 4is powered by artificial intelligence. The front-facing camera is equipped with a 5MP selfie shooter and LED flash.
The Smart 4 packs a decent 4,000 mAh battery capacity and features intelligent power management. No word on fast charging capability which is looking like a norm for all Infinix smartphones.
Infinix Smart 4 Price in Nigeria and Availability
There is no word yet on the availability of the Infinix Smart 4nor its price tag. However, it is expected that the device will be within the price range of N32,000-N35,000 Naira in Nigeria
Infinix Smart 4 Complete Specs
- Announced: November 2019
- Status: November 2019
- Dimension: 167 x 76 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 178 grams
- Build: Front glass, Plastic unibody
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Screen Display: IPS LCD
- Screen Size: 6.6 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1600
- Aspect Ratio: 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Display Protection: 2.5D curved glass
- Notch: Yes
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie (with XOS 5.5)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A22 SoC
- CPU: Quad-Core processor (2.0 GHz)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2GB
- Built-in Storage Capacity: 32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Camera Type: Dual
- Camera Sensor: 8MP + QVGA
- Camera Features: Geotagging, HDR, Panorama, autofocus
- Video Resolution: 1080p@30fps
- LED Flash: Yes, dual-LED
- Camera Type: Single
- Camera Sensor(s): 5MP
- Camera Features: Face beauty
- Video Resolution: 720p@30fps
- LED Flash: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- FM Radio: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: No
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 4G Network Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Speaker Location: Chin, below the display
- Sound Enhancement Features: Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Audio Jack Type: Yes, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery Capacity: 4,000 mAh battery
- Wireless Charging: No
- Fast Charging: No
- Colour Options: Black, Quetzal Cyan, Violet
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass