Tecno Mobile is back with a new member of their flagship-level family. The new Phantom X debuts with premium-level features and specs that are expected to boost the value of the device. Though, it similar to the recently released Camon 17 Pro, the Phantom X looks to make a case as the best Tecno phone of 2021. Without further ado, let’s review the Tecno Phantom X specs and price.
Tecno Phantom X Key Specs
• 6.7″ Super AMOLED display
• 50MP Triple Rear Camera
• 48MP Dual Selfie Camera
• MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
• Android 11 (HiOS 7.6)
• 4,700 mAh battery
• 33W Fast Charging
Design and Display
Tecno Mobile boasts that the Phantom X was “made to catch eyes”. The phone features a premium body build with a 3D borderless screen. Tecno proclaims that its innovative silk glass perfectly combines the delicacy of silk with the sparkle of glass. For biometric security, the Tecno Phantom X sports a 3D face unlock and under-display fingerprint sensor that takes 0.4 seconds to unlock the device. Tecno refers to the face unlock and fingerprint reader as the “Invisible Dual Lock and Key”. The Phantom X is available in just two body colour options – Starry Night Blue and Monet Summer.
The Tecno phone is built around a 6.7″ Super AMOLED display that is projected to be extra clear. The display features a 90Hz refresh rate, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 1080 x 2340p, and 385 pixels per inch density. Protecting the display of the Phantom X from crack or break is the Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood, the Phantom X is equipped with the MediaTek Helio G95 chipset with two cores of Cortex-A76 clocked at 2.05GHz and six cores of Cortex-A55 clocked at 2.0GHz. The chip is paired with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage to ensure users don’t encounter hiccups when multitasking. The Tecno Phantom X has a liquid cooling system to dissipate heat. The system is proclaimed to be super-efficient heat dissipation and the CPU core temperature will be 3-5° lower than the normal heat dissipation system.
On the software side of things, the Tecno phons runs on Google’s Android 11 operating system with Tecno’s HiOS 7.6 on top of it. Tecno maintains that protecting user’s privacy is their top priority which is why they have put numerous security measures in place. Phantom X has an AI voice assistant called Ella.
Camera and Battery Life
The Tecno Phantom X sports a rear triple camera setup that consists of a 50MP f/1.9 ultra-large sensor with Dual Pixel PDAF and Laser AF, a 13MP f/2.45 telephoto sensor with PDAF and 2x optical zoom and an 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with 120° FoV and AF. The camera module also features a laser focus and Quad-LED flash light.
The pill-shaped cutout on the phone’s display is home to a 48MP ultra-clear camera and an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera. The dual selfie camera features an enhanced AI beauty mode which the company claims will bring out the user’s best face in realistic, true-to-life colour. There is a selfie flashlight situated in the bezel at the top of the display.
The Tecno Phantom X packs a 4,700 mAh battery capacity and a 33W fast charging support. Tecno affirms that a speedy charge of 30 minutes can pump 70 percent battery life into the smartphone.
Tecno Phantom X Complete Specs
• Announced: June 2021
• Status: Available. July 2021
Design [ Build Factor], Display and Colour Options
• Dimension: Height- 163.5mm * Width- 73.8mm * Thickness- 8.7mm
• Weight: 201g
• Build Quality: Glass front, glass back (Gorilla Glass 5)
• Screen Display Type: Super AMOLED
• Screen Size: 6.7″
• Resolution: 1080 x 2340
• Aspect Ratio: 19.5:9
• Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
• Notch: No
• Multi-touch screen: Yes
• Colour Options: Starry Night Blue, Monet Summer
Operating System and Memory
• Operating System: Android 11 (HiOS 7.6)
• Chipset: MediaTek Helio G95
• CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
• GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
• RAM: 8GN
• Built-in Storage Capacity: 256GB
• Card Slot: Yes
Rear and Front Camera Rating
• Rear Camera Sensor: 50MP+13MP+8MP
• Selfie Camera Sensor: 48MP+8MP
• Camera Features: HDR, AF, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, 2x optical zoom, Quad-LED flash
• Video Recording: 4K@30, 1080p@30fps/60fps
Wireless Network Bands and Connectivity Options
• Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
• 5G Network Bands: No
• 4G Network Bands: LTE
• 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
• 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
• Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
• SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
• Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
• USB: Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
• Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
• FM Radio: Yes
• GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
• NFC: No
Sound Quality and Multimedia Support
• Loudspeaker: Yes
• Speaker Location: Bottom
• Sound Enhancement Features: Yes
• Audio Jack Type: Yes, 3.5mm audio jack
• Video Support Formats: H.264 (Baseline / Main / High profile), MPEG4 (Simple profile / ASP) and other video formats
• Audio Support formats: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC +, MP3, AMR – NB and WB, APE, WAV
• Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4,700 mAh
• Wireless Charging: NO
• Fast Charging: 33W
• Fingerprint Sensor (under-display), Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
Price and Availability
The Tecno Phantom X is available in Nigeria for ₦228,000. You can order the phone from the phantom official store or any accredited store like Jumia, Pointek and Slot.