The new Tecno Spark 7P might just be what Spark fans have been waiting for. It comes with a 90Hz Dot notch display, Helio G70 processor, 16MP AI camera, and 5,000 mAh battery. This smartphone should not be mistaken for the Vanilla Spark 7 which dropped a few days earlier. so let’s see what the Spark 7P is all about.
Tecno Spark 7P Key Specs
• 6.8″ 720p display
• 90Hz refresh rate
• 4/64GB, 4/128GB
• MediaTek Helio G70 chip
• Android 11 OS (with HiOS 7.5)
• 16MP AI triple camera
• 8MP selfie camera
• 5,000 mAh battery
Design and Display
The Tecno Spark 7P comes in a stunning look with a brand new feeling compared to other Spark smartphones. It brings a perfectly proportioned form – a slimmer thickness and streamlined body. The smartphone is available in four attractive body colours: Alps Blue, Magnet Black, Spruce Green, and Summer Mojito. The back panel of the Spark 7P features a stylish module that houses three cameras. Then by the side of the module is the fingerprint reader for your biometric authentication.
The Tecno smartphone is built around a 6.8″ edge-to-edge dot notch display with an immersive cinematic experience. The IPS LCD panel has a 90Hz refresh rate by default which brings a snappy, smooth and refreshing experience. The refresh rate can be reduced to 60Hz in the settings to conserve battery life or for whatever reason. Other features of the display include 720 x 1640 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio and 264 pixels per inch density.
Hardware and Software
Powering the Tecno Spark 7P is the Helio G70 chipset with an Octa-core processor clocking at 2.0GHz speed and GPU at 820MHz speed. According to the company, the phone’s benchmark is twice the speed of the previous generation. The chip is paired with two memory configuration options – 4GB RAM with 64GB storage or 4GB RAM with 128GB storage.
Software-wise, the Spark 7P runs on Tecno’s HiOS 7.5 out of the box which is based on the Android 11 operating system. The UI features include Auto Dark Theme tender, Instant Chat Bubble, App Twin, and Video Assistant. The App Twin feature lets you have two Facebook and WhatsApp running simultaneously.
Camera and Battery Life
For smart and beautiful photos, the Tecno phone is equipped with a 16MP AI triple camera setup. This newly-added AI lens helps when taking a shot in a dark environment. By brightening the background, it can focus more on you and your smile. The portrait camera with its shallow depth of field is capable of taking professional photos. There is a Smile Snapshot Time feature where the AI portrait focuses on your face and takes a shot when it sees a smile, guaranteeing you don’t miss on a perfect shot opportunity. The rear camera supports a quad-LED flash. For selfies, the Tecno phone uses an 8MP camera with dual-LED flash.
Providing life to the Tecno Spark smartphone is a 5,000 mAh battery capacity. Tecno claims the battery can last up to 14 days on standby. Charging via a standard 10W wired charger and takes up to 3 hours till full charge.
Tecno Spark 7P Complete Specs
• Announced: April 2021
• Status: Available. April 2021
Design [ Build Factor], Display and Colour Options
• Dimension: Height- 171.9mm * Width- 77.9mm * Thickness- 9.15mm
• Weight: –
• Build Quality: Front glass with plastic unibody
• Screen Display Type: IPS LCD
• Screen Size: 6.8″
• Resolution: 720 x 1640
• Aspect Ratio: 20:9
• Display Protection: 2D Glass
• Notch: Yes
• Multi-touch screen: Yes
• Colour Options: Magnet Black, Spruce Green, Summer Mojito, Alps Blue.
Operating System and Memory
• Operating System: Android 11 (HiOS 7.5)
• Chipset: Helio G70
• CPU: Octa-core 2.0GHz
• GPU: Mali-G52
• RAM: 4GB
• Built-in Storage Capacity: 64GB, 128GB
• Card Slot: 256
Rear and Front Camera Rating
• Rear Camera Sensor: 16MP triple camera
• Selfie Camera Sensor: 8MP
• Camera Features: Super Night Mode, Smile Snapshot, panorama, quad-LED flash
• Video Recording: 2K front and back
Wireless Network Bands and Connectivity Options
• Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
• 5G Network Bands: N/A
• 4G Network Bands: LTE
• 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
• 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
• Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
• Bluetooth: Yes
• USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
• Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
• FM Radio: Yes
• GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
• NFC: No
Sound Quality and Multimedia Support
• Loudspeaker: Yes
• Speaker Location: Bottom
• Sound Enhancement Features: Yes Dirac
• Audio Jack Type: Yes, 3.5mm audio jack
• Video Support Formats: H.264 (Baseline / Main / High profile), MPEG4 (Simple profile / ASP) and other video formats
• Audio Support formats: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC +, MP3, AMR – NB and WB, APE, WAV
• Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5,000 mAh
• Wireless Charging: NO
• Fast Charging: N/A
• Fingerprint Sensor (rear-mounted), Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
TECNO Spark 7P Price in Nigeria
The Tecno Spark 7P will be available for sale in Nigeria before the end of this week. The base 64GB model is priced at N60,900/$126 while the 128GB model goes for N68,800/$143.