No doubt PPSSPP Games are some of the best games one can play on Android, so if you have been searching for how to download and install PPSSPP games on Android, I can assure you that after reading this article here on Phonecorridor, you’ll definitely know how to any PSP game of your choice.
For those of you that don’t know, the PPSSPP is an emulator which lets you play PSP (PlayStation Portable) games on your Android smartphone. Sony stopped manufacturing PSP in 2014 and focused on the PS Vita. So for those that miss some classic PSP games, this is an opportunity to play them on your Android smartphone.
How to Download PPSSPP Games
Step 1: Downloading the PPSSPP Emulator
Before you can play PPSSPP (PlayStation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably) games, you need to first download an emulator app. The app will enable you to run PSP on your Android devices.
The PPSSPP emulator app was released in 2012 on the Google play store. It is free but there is a different paid version of the app which comes with more features. You will need to download the free PPSSPP emulator app here before we move to the next step.
How to Install PPSSPP Games
Step 2: Downloading Game Files
Interesting games are not included in the PPSSPP emulator app upon download. You’ll need to get the games yourself. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Open the PPSSPP emulator app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap the first option, which reads “Give PPSSPP permission to access storage”.
- Click on the “Allow” button from the pop-up option.
- Connect your Android device to a PC.
- On the PC, download the PSP game you wish to play online either in ISO or CSO format. Alternatively, if you have your own disk, you can dump your own PSP game.
- Look for the folder that says “PSP”. It is usually generated automatically, but if you don’t see it, simply create one yourself.
- Inside the PSP folder is a “GAME folder”, transfer the download PSP games to the GAME folder.
- Disconnect your Android smartphone from the PC.
- On your Android, go to the PPSSPP app and click on “Games”, then click on “Home”.
- Scroll down and click on “PSP”.
- Then click on “GAME”. You’ll see all your downloaded games in this section.
- Click on the game you want to play and that’s all.
Note: Homebrews and demos games (i.e. Indie games) are available on the PPSSPP app if you’re having difficulties getting ISO or CSO games from the internet. You can get these homebrews games by going to the “Homebrews and Demos” menu from the top. Select your preferred one and then click on the download from the store option.
It is important that you use an Android smartphone with powerful hardware to enable the game to run smoothly. You won’t enjoy the game if it’s slow and laggy, especially if it is a high-intensive game. This is everything you need to know about how to download and install PPSSPP games on Android. If you need suggestions on the PPSSPP games to download, we recommend God of War, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin’s Creed, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty e.t.c.