There will be a global upgrade to electric meters worldwide because the current software will expire on the 24th of November, 2024. All the STS prepaid meters within the IE network must be upgraded, or else they won’t be able to load energy tokens from 1st of November 2023, when IE kicks off its TID rollover process. This article will show you how to upgrade your STS prepaid meter.
The upgrade is free, and you must beware of swindlers who might charge you money to carry out the process. Some public members have already started defrauding people in the name of certified meter upgraders. To upgrade your meter, you only need to enter the Key Change Tokens (KCT), which will be available to customers.
How to Upgrade your STS Prepaid Meter – Easy Steps
There are some things required if you want to upgrade your STS meter and we are going to share them below:
You have to visit https://smartkyc.ikejaelectric.com/nin to validate your meter number and NIN.
Step One: NIN Validation
- Click on Link your NIN and Meter
- Enter your NIN, Phone Number, and Email
- Confirm your NIN details and tap on Next if Information Returned is correct
- Input your meter Number and the verification code sent to your email, and tap on submit
- Only one NIN can be linked to a Meter unless you are a landlord with multiple meters
- Your data will be handled with top confidentiality
Step Two: How to Upgrade Your STS Prepaid Meter
- To Begin the Upgrade, you need a Key Change Token (KCT) to be loaded on your meter.
- You will receive three sets of 20-digit token upon vending from November 1st 2023.
- Input the first set of 20-digit token KCT 1, which will wipe off the old meter settings.
- Enter the second 20 Digit Token KCT 2 set, and it will upgrade your meter to the new STS Platform.
- The last set of 20-digit token will load the purchased energy value into the meter.
Note: You need to validate your NIN to receive the 20-digit KCT token 1 and 2, which will be delivered alongside the energy token. It will officially be valid from the 1st of November, 2023.
You don’t need to pay anyone to upgrade your STS prepaid meter. The electricity commission shared the abovementioned process in Lagos, and we decided to help you understand how it works. If you have any questions, kindly ask in the comment, and you can also contact your state’s electricity distribution company if this method doesn’t work for you. Thanks for reading.