Showmax is a subsidiary of MultiChoice Group based in South Africa. It is a video-on-demand subscription service launched on 19 August 2015. On this service, you get to stream or download the best movies, series and more contents.
Follow the guidelines of this article on how to watch and download movies from Showmax.
Showmax is available on web, tablets, smartphones, smart TVs e.t.c. Download a movie or series means you get to watch them next time without an internet connection. Offline mode is a common feature amongst video-on-demand streaming services.
How to signup for Showmax
Below is how you can signup for Showmax and become a subscriber;
- Go to their official website www.showmax.com
- Enter your email address and password, then click on “Sign up”
- Choose your preferred Showmax plan, either “Mobile” or “Standard”. Showmax offers a 14-days free trial.
- Enter your debit card details.
- You’ll be charged N10 for confirmation as the 14-days free trial starts.
- After the trial, your chosen Mobile (N1450) plan or Standard (N2900) plan begins.
How much does Showmax cost per month in Nigeria
Showmax has two subscription plans for the Nigerian market. The Mobile plan costs N1450/monthly while the Standard plan costs N2900/monthly.
Showmax Mobile vs Showmax Standard Comparison
For Showmax Mobile, it allows only one stream at the same time. While the Showmax Standard allows up to 2 streams at the same time. With the Showmax Standard, you can watch on Smart TV and computer. Also, you can stream movies in HD quality. Both features are not available for Showmax Mobile.
How to Watch and Download Movies from Showmax
Below is how you can download and watch movies on Showmax
- Make sure you have a Showmax account. If you don’t, visit their official website and register. Download the Showmax mobile app for iOS or Android depending on your device.
- Search for the movie you wish to watch or stream. Then click on it.
- Just above the movie description, you’ll see the “Watch Now” button and beside it is a “+” button for the download.
- If you’re downloading, click on the “+” button. A list of download quality options will pop-up, select your preferred movie quality. The quality options are Low, Standard, Good and High. The higher the quality, the higher the amount of data it will consume.
- Once the movie is downloaded, you can now watch them offline. There is a category called “downloads” where all your downloaded movies are saved.
Note: You can only download movies offline with iOS and Android devices. Laptop, PC and Smart TV users, are not eligible to download offline. They can only stream movies on the Showmax official website.
How long can I keep downloaded Showmax movies?
First of all, you can only download 25 titles on Showmax at once whether it’s a movie or TV series. The downloaded movie or TV series will only be available to you for 30 days after which it will delete automatically.
Once you download a movie or TV series, the timing starts, which is visible. But immediately you watch the movie, the delete countdown becomes 48 hours after which the movie will automatically delete. The Showmax app is programmed to continue the downloading process even if you close the app. The download will be paused when you lost connection to Wi-Fi and will resume back when you’ve got access to a Wi-Fi connection.
How to setup Showmax on my Smart TV
For Samsung Smart TV users;
- Make sure that your Smart TV’s firmware is running on the latest version.
- Go to the user interface on your Smart TV.
- Visit your Smart TV app store.
- Search for Showmax on the app store.
- Download and Install the Showmax application.
For LG Smart TV users;
- Ensure that your Smart TV’s firmware is updated.
- Go to the home interface of your Smart TV.
- Go to the Smart TV application store.
- Then search for “Showmax”.
- Install the Showmax application.
For Hisense Smart TV users, the Showmax app is pre-installed on all new Hisense Smart TV models. Just make sure your firmware up to date.
This is everything you need to know about how to watch and download movies from Showmax.