Vivo recently dropped a new smartphone in the mid-range segment with some pretty decent specifications. The new Vivo Y17 has a 6.35-inch HD+ notched display, MediaTek Helio P35 Chipset on the inside with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
It also has a massive 5,000mAh battery, which is probably the highlight of this device, equipped with an 18W fast battery charging. It also has a triple camera setup and a fingerprint sensor for biometric Authentications. Let’s go a little bit deeper.
Vivo Y17 Key Specs
- 6.35-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1544 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 4GB Of RAM
- MediaTek Hello P35, Octa-core 2.3GHz
- 128GB built-in storage
- 13MP + 8MP + 2MP rear camera and 20MP selfie camera
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery
Vivo Y17 Design And Display
Vivo Y17 has a very trendy Design just like the rest of the 2019 smartphones. The 6.35-inch HD+ display uses the new 19:9 aspect ratio with a water drop notch that houses the front-facing camera. There is also a chin down below. Triple cameras sit comfortably at the back next to the LED flash with a fingerprint sensor at its usual spot.
The body of the device which Vivo says has a “mirror finish” looks good in the two colour options available which include Mineral Blue and Mystic Purple. Vivo Y17 weighs 190grams all thanks to the battery and measures 8.9mm in thickness. It has both a single SIM card slot variant and a dual SIM card slot variant, both of which don’t have a microSD card slot.
Vivo Y17 Camera Review
The rear cameras include a 13MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture and PDAF, an 8MP ultra wide sensor with an f/2.2 aperture and a 2MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 aperture. Other features of the Vivo Y17 rear cameras includes an LED flash, HDR, Panorama and the ability to shoot 1080p videos at 30fps. It also includes AI for better image output. A single 20MP front-facing camera with an f/2.0 aperture takes care of selfies.
Hardware and Software
Vivo Y17 uses a MediaTek Helio P35 for all its computing tasks. The Chipset has an octa-core processor clocked at 2.3GHz alongside a PowerVR GE8320 GPU for gaming/graphics. 4GB of RAM handles multitasking of apps while a generous 128GB of storage stores all your files. It runs Vivo’s Funtouch 9 Skin over Android 9.0 Pie.
Battery & Network Connectivity
Vivo Y17 is powered by a hefty 5,000mAh battery with an 18W fast battery charging which should get it fully charged from 0% to 100% in about 2hours. Charging as well as file transfer is done through the date microUSB port with support for USB On The Go. It also has 4G LTE Connectivity, Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi hotspot, WiFi, WiFi direct and a 3.5mm jack.
Vivo Y17 Price and Availability
Vivo Y17 has a price tag of $255 which for the only configuration available – 4GB/12GB.
Vivo Y17 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 159.4 x 76.8 x 8.9 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 190g
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.35-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1544 pixels, 268ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, Funtouch 9
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P35, Octa-core 2.3GHz
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Card Slot: No
- Primary: 13MP 8MP + 2MP with f/2.2 + f/2.2 + f/2.4 – LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF
- Front camera: 20MP with f/2.0
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: N/A
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 5,000mAh Removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: $255
- Availability: Available