The Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra is one of the duo Ultra’s smartphones that was released in China this month (August). This is the first time the company is using the name ‘Ultra’ on their device. The Redmi K30 Ultra is literally an alternative to the Redmi K30 Pro which debuted back in March. Surprisingly it comes with a more affordable price tag than the Pro.
Let’s check out specs, features and price of this latest smartphone from Redmi – a sub-brand of Xiaomi.
Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra Key Specs
- 6.67″ AMOLED display
- MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ 5G (7nm)
- Octa-core (4×2.6 GHz Cortex-A77 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- 6GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB, 8GB+256GB and 8GB+512GB
- Android 10 (MIUI 12)
- 64+13+5+2MP main camera
- 20MP selfie camera
- 4,500 mAh battery capacity
- 33W fast wired charging
Design and Display
The design and body build of the Redmi K30 Ultra is exactly the same as the Redmi K30 Pro. A circular-shaped camera module at the back, a pop-up mechanism for selfie camera at the top and the OLED display at the front. The display is able to achieve a full-screen thanks to the pop-up mechanism used for the selfie camera. The front and back of the phone are made of Corning Gorilla Glass 5 while sandwiched with an aluminium frame. The Redmi K30 Ultra comes in three colours – Moonlight White, Midnight Black, Mint Green and Moonlight White.
The Redmi K30 Ultra offers a well-crafted AMOLED display with the stunning full-screen viewing experience. Since no notch or punch-hole to house the selfie camera, the display was able to achieve a 92.7% coverage. The 6.67″ AMOLED display has a 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio and 395 PPI density. It features HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1,200nits brightness and DCI-P3 colour gamut.
Hardware and Software
Enjoy the flagship-level performance with the MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ 5G chipset which is paired with a 6GB or 8GB of RAM. It has a 7nm process and features Octa-core 2.6GHz processor and Mali-G77 MC9 GPU. The phone was able to score over 530,000 points in the AnTuTu’s benchmark test.
Gamers will like the fact that the phone runs on Game Turbo optimization engines and dual Hyper Engine 2.0. This means they will have responsive, rapid and frictionless gaming experience. The Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra also has a graphite 3D heat dissipation system and a vapour chamber cooling system. Software-wise, the device runs on Xiaomi’s MIUI 12 based on Android 10 operating system.
The Redmi phone is fitted with a quad-camera system in a circular shaped module. It consists of a 64MP f/1.9 main sensor with PDAF, a 13MP f/2.4 ultra-wide angle sensor with 119° FoV, a 5MP f/2.2 telemacro sensor with AF and 50mm equivalent focal length and a 2MP f/2.4 portrait depth sensor. For a creative photography experience, the Redmi K30 Ultra’s camera has functions based on AI capabilities such as Photo Clones and AI Skyscraping. The pop-up mechanism at the top end of the phone features a 20MP wide-angle selfie camera with HDR support just as you have on the Redmi K30 Pro.
The Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro Ultra is equipped with a non-removable 4,500 mAh battery capacity that is capable of getting you through a whole day on normal usage. The 33W fast wired charging support ensures it goes from 0-100 in just 60 minutes.
Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra Complete Specs
- Announced: August 2020
- Status: August 2020
Design [ Build Factor], Display and Colour Options
- Dimension: Height- 163.3mm * Width- 75.4mm * Thickness- 9.1mm
- Weight: 213g
- Build Quality: Plastic
- Screen Display Type: AMOLED
- Screen Size: 6.67″
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400
- Aspect Ratio: 20:9
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Notch: No
- Multi-touch screen: Yes
- Colour Options: Moonlight White, Midnight Black, and Mint Green.
Operating System and Memory
- Operating System: Android 10 (MIUI 12)
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ 5G (7nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.6 GHz Cortex-A77 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Built-in Storage Capacity: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Card Slot: No
Rear and Front Camera Rating
- Rear Camera Sensor: 64+13+5+2MP
- Selfie Camera Sensor: 20MP
- Camera Features: HDR, Auto-focus, AI Skyscraping, Photo Clones, PDAF, panorama, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Video Recording: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
Wireless Network Bands and Connectivity Options
- Technology: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- 5G Network Bands: 1, 3, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA – China
- 4G Network Bands: LTE (unspecified)
- 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- • 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2, CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A; 5G
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- FM Radio: –
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
Sound Quality and Multimedia Support
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Speaker Location: Bottom
- Sound Enhancement Features: Yes
- Audio Jack Type: Yes, 3.5mm audio jack
- Video Support Formats: H.264 (Baseline / Main / High profile), MPEG4 (Simple profile / ASP) and other video formats
- Audio Support formats: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC +, MP3, AMR – NB and WB, APE, WAV
- Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4,500 mAh
- Wireless Charging: NO
- Fast Charging: 33W
- Fingerprint Sensor (under display), Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra Price and Availability
Official sale for the Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra begins on August 14 in China. The phone’s 6/128GB base model will retail for CNY1,999/$287. The 8/128GB for CNY2,199/$316, the 8/256GB model for CNY2,499/$360 while the 8/512GB goes for CNY2,699/$388.