If you don’t like getting nagged with calls from telemarketers or strangers at the utmost untimely period, you may need to learn tricks for blocking numbers on Android. Blocking calls on an Android phone is easy as there are different techniques you can use to do this, depending on your device brand.
In this write-up, we will discuss how to block calls with your smartphone’s built-in techniques, and we will also recommend a pair of applications on Android that are useful for carrying out this operation. In case none of these alternatives work, you need not worry as we have offered info on how to block numbers through your carrier in this write-up.
NB: However, some of these techniques are broad, they might be different based on your smartphone model, brand, version of the functional method, producer etc. The listed methods below are to provide you with hints on how to block numbers from calling and texting you on your smartphones.
Ways to Block Phone Numbers from Calling and Texting
How to block numbers from your phonebook or contact list
If the phone number you want to be blocked is saved on your device, then you can block them without difficulty from your phonebook or contact list.
- First open your phonebook from your home screen.
- The next thing is, clicking on the phone number to be blocked.
- Tap the three-dotted set menu button.
- Now choose Block from the ensuing listed options.
Note: On some smartphones, the option may perhaps be labeled as Add to blacklist or Block number.
If you’re using a Samsung device;
- Hit your phone icon from the device Home screen.
- Tap the three-dotted menu button on the top-right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Then, go to Call Settings menu and click Block Numbers.
- Also, you can manage numbers on your blacklist from this menu, remove numbers and block strange numbers automatically.
You can also block numbers form call log;
- Open the phone app.
- Scroll to the number you want to block from the list of recent calls.
- Long-press on that phone number to be blocked to access the menu.
- Then, tap on Block Number.
From Phone Settings
- Go to your device Settings menu and click on it.
- Scroll and tap call settings or call.
- Tap on call Blocking or call Rejection or Block List.
- Create a new list and add numbers you want to block from calling and texting you.
Using third-party apps to block numbers
If you do not fancy any of the options above, or your phone lacks an in-built call or text blocking features, there are remarkable apps on Google PlayStore that can get the work done for you. Here are certain few options for blocking calls and texts on your smartphones;
Blocking numbers using Network Provider Level or Carrier
However, this technique might not be the most efficient when it comes to blocking numbers from calling or sending you text. Your network carrier may offer such services at a cheaper rate. Blocking calls and text differs according to your carrier and country of residence. Contact your Carrier’s care center for more info on the terms and conditions for number blocking along with the charges for such service.
Further, one benefit of using your provider for blocking numbers is that unlike other techniques stated above, if you switch SIM cards or change your phone, the blocked number will still be blocked from calling or texting you.
Armed with the techniques expounded in this article, you can now keep unwanted and pesky calls and texts from telemarketers and other strange parties at bay.